Sunday, March 4, 2012

NerdLacquer Holy Grail

Well hello there! I couldn't wait to do today's post. This is a brand new Special Edition polish by NerdLacquer creator Amanda Collier. When her Etsy store finally opened back up I saw this and had to have it! She describes it as: "a super-fine-grained satiny linear holo in a dusty blue-green base with silver microglitter, medium blue-green iridescent glitter, and a liberal sprinkling of big square and hexagonal silver holo glitter. Oh, also? GLOWS IN THE DAMN DARK."
Now as much as glow in the dark may excite some people it doesn't do anything for me. She had me at linear holo plus glitter.
Application for this like the rest of her polishes I have tried was easy. It can be worn alone, it is opaque in two coats. I chose to layer it over OPI Thanks a Windmillion, which is a dusty light green, because I didn't want to cover up any of the glitter with multiple coats. One coat of Seche Vite is enough to get a nice smooth surface. I took lots of pics. Enjoy.

This is in the sun and shows off the linear holo effect. I know some have said that the holo effect is lessened with top coat. I did not have that problem.


sunlight
This is in the shade and you can better see the glitter in this pic and the next.




Well, what do you think. Pretty nice huh? As I mentioned I bought this directly from the NerdLacquer Etsy store. It can also be purchased at the new Ninja Polish store that just opened. Just be warned this polish retails for $16 due to the special ingredients most other NerdLacquers are $10.

I hope you enjoyed this. Thanks for checking it out.

Desiree

1 comment:

  1. This is on its way to me, can't wait! Awesomeness. Too much good stuff in one polish!

    ReplyDelete